Wednesday, June 5, 2013

WaY To gO!!!

Alhamdulillah...

My prince has officially pacifier-free...Hehehe

Congratulations my boy...(^_^)


Actually, it happened coincidentally. My hubby and I have tried before to persuade him with many excuses to make him wean off the pacifier, but, it never works. It only temporary and then when night came, and it is bedtime, he cried and we felt for it and gave him the pacifier instead. Last week, Umar, himself accidentally throw the pacifier and it ended up missing. 

So, this is the best opportunity. It was never a problem during the day. But when he tries to sleep, he needs the pacifier. So, there was an old orthodontic pacifier in the chiller. Opah gave it to him, but he hated it. He said "Puting ni tak sedap", and rejects it. Luckily, Opah and Atok were so determined to help us with the plan to make him wean off the pacifier. It was not easy especially during nights. The first few nights, he cried, and woke up every 2-3 hours asking for milk and did not really sleep well. He puts his finger in his mouth almost all the time.

Alhamdulillah, about less than a week, he eventually get used to it. We were all being very supportive and never bring up the word 'puting' to help him forget. He no longer ask for the pacifier and the sleeping pattern also improved. He's not tempted anymore when he sees other's pacifier. We are so proud of him. It was not easy, of course, and he is so great considering that his Ummi was actually pacifier-free at 6 years old...Hahaha...

His favorite pacifier, the only type he liked

p/s: I was so much worse than my boy. I actually bring my pacifier to the kindergarten and sneakily suck it during recess time. Hehehe. My parents tried everything but failed. One day, I went to Kuala Lumpur and my uncle, Cik Man told me one sentence, "Orang KL tak hisap puting la". That magical sentence was the reason I gave up my pacifier..(^_^)


No comments:

Post a Comment